Go Back   WhatIsMyIP.com® Forum > IP Cameras and DVR's > IP Cameras

Notices

IP Cameras Post questions or information about IP Cameras here.

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 06:44 AM   #1
wxmgeordie

wxmgeordie is on a distinguished road
Default DBPower IPCamera Help Please

Hi People
Ive bought a DBPower Wireless IPcamera which arrived saturday. Unfortunatley i have tried to work on it day and night to get it to work but no joy.
I have assigned and port forwarded my sky router ports to 81-85 for this camera both inbound and outbound and i have also signed up to no-ip.com and have a ddns.net account, however no joy on any of them.
When I look at the attached devices through my sky hub i see the camera 192.168.0.23 attached however this wont connect using the webpage. sometimes it asks for a username and password which i have tried what i believe is the default of username: admin password: no password i have also tried admin 123456 but no joy. In the P2P ID Finder.exe the cam is found then disappears again after a short time. When i click on the software and click to open the said found camera 192.168.0.23:81 nothing happens

I know this is quite a lengthy request but any help would be appreciated. Im at my final stages of throwing it through the window

Kind Regards
Attached Images
File Type: gif ports.gif (14.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: gif password.gif (8.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg cam.JPG (46.9 KB, 3 views)
Old 11-04-2014, 05:23 PM   #2
Shnerdly
• The †erminator

Shnerdly has disabled reputation

Lets start with the simplest thing first. Can you connect reliably to the camera at it's Internal IP Address on port 81???

The Address you reported was http://192.168.0.23:81

If you have not made any changes, the Username should be admin and there should be no password.

Get that working reliably before moving to ddns services and port forwarding.

If you are unable to get that working reliably, do a reset on the camera. Thats the button on cord that comes out of the camera.

When you forward the port, you only need to forward port 81, not 81-85.

If you are using a ddns service, you may want to change the port in the camera to port 80 and make the change to the port forward as well.

Also, be advised that the DB Power camera is a P2P camera and as such will be connecting to various servers all over the world without you knowledge or consent. Through these servers many other people will be trying to access your camera. I am talking about hundreds of attempts per day. You must change the user account name and create a secure password or much of the world will be viewing your camera.

Grammar is important. For instance, commas save lives:

Let's eat grandpa.

OR

Lets eat, grandpa.

Old 11-05-2014, 05:23 PM   #3
wxmgeordie

Hi There
Sincere appreciation for the reply.
I have the camera working now as you said to reset etc. I can connect to the camera at 192.168.0.22:81 which was connecting ok on my in house network. As suggested i thought I had changed the port to 80 instead of 81-85 however the odd thing is that the camera wont connect at 192.168.0.22:80 but will still connect at the prior address 192.168.0.22:81.

These are my settings on my router as im not sure what im doing if im honest.

IPCamera Outbound Services
Action Enable
LAN Users: ALLOW always 192.168.0.22 (1:65535) WAN Servers:0.0.0.0 (80:80)

IPCamera Inbound Serices
Action Enable
LAN Users: ALLOW always 192.168.0.22 (80:80) WAN Servers:151.224.xxx.xxx (1:65535)

Last edited by Shnerdly; 11-05-2014 at 07:16 PM.
Old 11-05-2014, 07:13 PM   #4
Shnerdly
• The †erminator

I don't understand the "IP Camera inbound/outbound" settings at all, however, it is working. I can get to your camera at your external IP on Port 81. I have removed your external IP from your post for your personal privacy.

You simply need a basic port forward of whatever port the camera is set to listen on, port 81 by default. To change the port of the camera, you need to change it in the camera settings and be sure to save the change and then make the change in the router.

I have seen a lot of setting in the DB Power cameras that I have worked with that will not stay set where you want them. Every time you reboot them, they will reset to their defaults.

For others that are researching the purchase of DB Power cameras, I would recommend avoiding them. They are by far the worst cameras I have ever worked with. Their firmware and user interface are complete crap and they don't seem to be interested in making new firmware for them.

Let's eat grandpa.

OR

Lets eat, grandpa.

Old 11-06-2014, 03:43 AM   #5
wxmgeordie

Hi There
Much appreciate the reply. When you say " I don't understand the "IP Camera inbound/outbound" settings at all" thats what my firewall setting are currently set at.
I have tried to attach a pic of my firewall sky router settings but it wont let me however they are as they were in my previous post. I dont see anywhere on my router config where the port 81 is open and when i do canyouseeme 80, 81 arent open?

Im sorry to be a pain.
Old 11-06-2014, 04:37 AM   #6
wxmgeordie

Hi mate
I can now get my 192.168.0.22:80 working ok in my home network. I can also get my external address :80 at home. I did this by setting the port in the camera and saving.
not able to connect to my ddns.net:80 no-ip address from outside my home.

Thanks so far
Old 11-06-2014, 11:50 AM   #7
wxmgeordie

Hi Mate
I had a go at my ddns.net:80 address in town and i think it was loading ok. One thing ive learnt so far is that these cams are not really firefox compatible with a lot of the preferences in setup not being able to load due some parts being greyed out. One thing i would also like to be able to do is send motion detects by email however the email in my sky router but be blocked? due to smtp not working for gmail

I really appreciate everything so far and many thanks
Old 11-07-2014, 10:07 AM   #8
wxmgeordie

Hi There
Just to let you know that I have returned the ipcamera to the seller as Im not sure its worth all the hassle. I am now looking at buying another ipcamera that is better to use.

I would like to take this opportunity to thanks you for your help, advise and support
Old 11-07-2014, 08:01 PM   #9
Shnerdly
• The †erminator

In all honesty, that was the best choice. I would recommend avoiding all of the P2P cameras because they continually invite unwanted attention to your cameras from the Internet.

Let's eat grandpa.

OR

Lets eat, grandpa.

Old 11-09-2014, 03:59 PM   #10
wxmgeordie

Thanks mate will keep looking. I think a foscam or something like that wifi ipcam
thanks for everything
Closed Thread