Go Back   WhatIsMyIP.com® Forum > Welcome to the WhatIsMyIP.com Forum > How do you use WhatIsMyIP.com

Notices

How do you use WhatIsMyIP.com Tell us how and what you use WhatIsMyIP.com for and how frequently you use the site.

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 08:20 AM   #1
DevDream
Banned - Again

DevDream is on a distinguished road
Default Closed threads

Hi,

It seems every thread I have come across appears to be closed - any particular reason?
Old 09-14-2016, 11:50 AM   #2
wimiadmin
Administrator

wimiadmin is a splendid one to beholdwimiadmin is a splendid one to beholdwimiadmin is a splendid one to beholdwimiadmin is a splendid one to beholdwimiadmin is a splendid one to beholdwimiadmin is a splendid one to beholdwimiadmin is a splendid one to behold

Yes. The problem was solved or the thread has been inactive. It doesn't make sense to leave those open.
Old 09-14-2016, 06:46 PM   #3
Shnerdly
• The †erminator

Shnerdly has disabled reputation

One of the most annoying things I find on other boards is people replying to a thread that is a year or two old.

Grammar is important. For instance, commas save lives:

Let's eat grandpa.

OR

Lets eat, grandpa.

Old 09-15-2016, 03:10 AM   #4
DevDream
Banned - Again

True, I suppose, because this is a help site on the whole

You have no community threads, unlike most other forums, ever considered that? I understand this isn't a social gathering, but somewhat for it?
Old 09-15-2016, 08:48 AM   #5
wimiadmin
Administrator

wimiadmin is a splendid one to beholdwimiadmin is a splendid one to beholdwimiadmin is a splendid one to beholdwimiadmin is a splendid one to beholdwimiadmin is a splendid one to beholdwimiadmin is a splendid one to beholdwimiadmin is a splendid one to behold

This forum has been around since mid 2008. It seems that IP addresses are not good conversation starters since no other users have asked about us adding a social section.
Old 09-15-2016, 09:05 AM   #6
DevDream
Banned - Again

Why not call this a networking forum instead then?
Old 09-15-2016, 09:24 AM   #7
Shnerdly
• The †erminator

Shnerdly has disabled reputation

Why do you seem to think that, as a noobi here, we should start making changes to our forum to accommodate you?

Grammar is important. For instance, commas save lives:

Let's eat grandpa.

OR

Lets eat, grandpa.

Old 09-15-2016, 09:40 AM   #8
DevDream
Banned - Again

Because I'm special like that, wouldn't you agree? Lol :P
Old 09-15-2016, 09:43 AM   #9
DevDream
Banned - Again

Just banter,

In all seriousness, it was just a suggestion - it could help the site grow, but it's up to you, if that's the way you like it. I mean if it's a networking forum, there'd be a wider range of topics so social stuff could fit in more easily.

Doesn't matter to be honest - I'm a member of other forums where I fit in better I suppose, as stated in my introduction. I'll probably just come here for help with networks too, then
Old 09-15-2016, 09:46 AM   #10
wimiadmin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevDream View Post
Why not call this a networking forum instead then?
In reality, it is a networking forum. You can't have a network without IP addresses.

As Shnerdly states, users come here, ask their questions, we help them resolve their situation, and the move on.

Our focus is to provide answers to related questions. I feel we do a very good job at this. If we deviate from what we do best, we're only adding to our plates and diluting from what we do best. None of the admins/mods are full time, except me and whatismyip.com is only a small portion of my daily job.
Old 09-15-2016, 09:55 AM   #11
DevDream
Banned - Again

I was thinking of SEO, shnerdly, networking is more likely to bring search results than ip address forums, just my 2 cents. As for me being a noob and asking you to accommodate your forum for me, you're misinterpreting.

I see what you mean, wimiadmin. Having a forum with many members requires time
Old 09-15-2016, 09:56 AM   #12
wimiadmin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevDream View Post
Just banter,

In all seriousness, it was just a suggestion - it could help the site grow, but it's up to you, if that's the way you like it. I mean if it's a networking forum, there'd be a wider range of topics so social stuff could fit in more easily.

Doesn't matter to be honest - I'm a member of other forums where I fit in better I suppose, as stated in my introduction. I'll probably just come here for help with networks too, then
We don't want to run anybody off and we're open to new ideas. There are other sites that do a much better job at being social than this site. We appreciate the offer of you wanting to help. I also forgot to mention that our mods/admins are volunteers...except me. I'd certainly hate to lose any of them if the forum started demanding more of their time. They all have families and lives and I'm very grateful they've stuck around to help as long as they have.
Old 09-15-2016, 10:21 AM   #13
DevDream
Banned - Again

It's ok, no worries.

I just hope I don't come across arrogant, since I haven't contributed much here.

Just trying to help. Since this site run on profit, it would help generate a profit.

I'm not sure why I signed up here, if I'm honest. I've used the site quite a bit to test proxy detection, then I just signed up to pop in.

Anyway, I'm stepping out now, I don't have anything more to say.
Closed Thread