Go Back   WhatIsMyIP.comŽ Forum > IP and Network Questions > IP Questions

Notices

IP Questions Post all of your general IP related questions here.

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 12:20 AM   #1
Nenshati19

Nenshati19 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation See other peoples computer screens?

This is fairly complex, but i wonder if it's possible. I was wondering if there was some way you can hack and see what other people are seeing. First you'd need a method to pick a specific persons ip address. Is there any way you can hack into a server of some type and see who's in that certain server. I'm talking not just websites, i'm talking about perhaps different software servers too.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:48 AM   #2
AboveTheLogic
Super Moderator

AboveTheLogic is a glorious beacon of lightAboveTheLogic is a glorious beacon of lightAboveTheLogic is a glorious beacon of lightAboveTheLogic is a glorious beacon of lightAboveTheLogic is a glorious beacon of light

there are quite a few ways, VNC is one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_Network_Computing

but I don't know that I want to start giving a how-to when it comes to sneaking in and putting that on a machine that you want to view, just make sure you are being ethical
Old 08-01-2010, 12:32 PM   #3
wimiadmin
Administrator

wimiadmin is a splendid one to beholdwimiadmin is a splendid one to beholdwimiadmin is a splendid one to beholdwimiadmin is a splendid one to beholdwimiadmin is a splendid one to beholdwimiadmin is a splendid one to beholdwimiadmin is a splendid one to behold

Yeah...by 'hack' if you mean maliciously gain access to someone's computer/server to see their screen we're not going to go into details.

However if this is for ethical reasons VNC does a great job....but the administrator of the computer has to install the software and route the ports to that computer before you'll be able to gain access from the outside.

If you're trying to catch a person doing non-work type of stuff on a work computer, there are logging methods/screen shot types of programs out there.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:28 PM   #4
0siris
Super Moderator

0siris will become famous soon enough0siris will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to 0siris Send a message via AIM to 0siris Send a message via Yahoo to 0siris

There are many, many ways to do it with the approval of the person whose screen you want to see. Webex lets a user actively share their screen, so it can do this. Windows has Windows Remote Assistance (Remote Desktop essentially takes over the PC, and can log the user off rather than let you see what they see). GoToMyPC is another service for this.

If you're looking to "force" your way in, and do so surreptitiously, then it's definitely unethical, and illegal in many places.
undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
-Thomas Paine The Crisis Sep 12, 1777-
Old 08-02-2010, 12:28 AM   #5
AboveTheLogic
Super Moderator

AboveTheLogic is a glorious beacon of lightAboveTheLogic is a glorious beacon of lightAboveTheLogic is a glorious beacon of lightAboveTheLogic is a glorious beacon of lightAboveTheLogic is a glorious beacon of light

TeamViewer is also a good one
Closed Thread